Makes 4 servings
2 packed cups finely shredded green cabbage
1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
½ medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1½ teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
1¼ teaspoons black pepper, divided
1 teaspoon sugar
4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil
½ cup preferred barbecue sauce, plus more for serving
8 large butter or romaine lettuce leaves
1 cup BBQ Bacon Cheddar WhispsⓇ, roughly crushed
- In a large bowl mix together cabbage, carrot, cucumber, green onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and sugar. Set aside.
- Brush chicken with oil and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Prepare a hot grill fire or preheat grill to medium-high. Place chicken on grill and cook, turning once, until well-browned and internal temperature reaches 160℉, about 10 minutes. Brush chicken liberally with barbecue sauce on both sides and cook until internal temperature reaches 175℉.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let sit 5 minutes. Thinly slice chicken.
- Divide slaw between lettuce leaves, top with chicken, and sprinkle with WhispsⓇ. Serve with more barbecue sauce.