1 tablespoon olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 large jalapeño, seeded, chopped
1/2 teaspoon (generous) ground cumin
1 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed, drained 1 14 1/2-ounce can low-salt chicken broth Fresh lime juice
Salsa verde Sour cream
Chopped fresh cilantro 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, jalapeno and cumin and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add beans and broth and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Coarsely mash beans with potato masher. Continue boiling until thick, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl & add a dollop of salsa verde, sour cream & sprinkle with cilantro and serve.