1 spaghetti squash
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 garlic cloves, chopped
One (28oz) can whole tomatoes
4 sprigs basil
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups Parmesan WhispsⓇ, finely crushed
1½ cups shredded mozzarella (6oz)
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Pierce spaghetti squash with a knife in 5 or 6 places. Place in a microwave and cook on high in 5 minute increments under tender, about 15 minutes. Cut in half crosswise, scoop out and discard the seeds, and use a fork to scrape the strands into a greased 13 x 9” baking dish. Toss with 2 tablespoons oil and salt to taste. Spread evenly in the dish.
- in a large saucepan heat ¼ cup oil over medium. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, basil, and pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer, using a spoon to crush tomatoes against the side of the pot, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree. Add salt to taste.
- With a mallet or cast iron skillet, pound chicken breasts ¾” thick. Dip chicken in beaten eggs, then in Whisps.
- Heat remaining ¼ cup oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Spread tomato sauce over spaghetti squash, then top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with mozzarella and bake until browned and bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley right before serving.