2½ pounds boneless rib-eye steaks
2 cups of crumbled Cello Parmesan Whisps
4 bell peppers (in any assortment of green, red, yellow, or orange)
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon) Pinch of sea salt
12 corn tortillas
2 large yellow onions, cut in 2-inch-thick slices Sour cream
- Preheat an outdoor grill; preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Season steaks with salt & pepper, set aside.
- Grill the bell peppers whole until they blister and brown, turning with tongs every few minutes to ensure they roast on all sides; remove from the heat.
- Core and seed Bell Peppers, slice lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips, and sprinkle them with lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Wrap them in aluminum foil and keep them warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and put in the oven to warm with the peppers.
- Place seasoned steaks to the hot grill, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare, longer if desired. Remove steaks and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Grill the onion slices along with the steak, about 5 minutes per side.
- To serve, slice the steaks thinly & coat in crumbled Cello Parmesan Whisps; arrange on a large platter with the grilled sliced onion and peppers. Alongside the platter, set out the warm tortillas and bowls of sour cream, salsa and guacamole.