12oz ground beef
1 cup crumbled BBQ Bacon Cheddar WhispsⓇ, divided
1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup red wine vinegar
½ cup water
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup blue cheese crumbles (4oz)
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 large tomato, sliced
- In a large bowl, gently mix together beef, ½ cup Whisps, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Divide mixture in half and form into 2 hamburger patties, about ¾” thick.
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, water and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Place onion in a small container. Bring vinegar mixture to a boil and pour over onion. Let sit until cool, then cover and refrigerate.
- In a small saucepan, stir together blue cheese and heavy cream. Heat over low heat until blue cheese is melted and mixture has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Slice lettuce into 1” slabs.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or a grill pan over high heat. Place burgers on grill and turn down heat to medium. Cook burgers 2-3 minutes each side or to desired doneness.
- To serve, place a slab of lettuce on each plate, top with tomato, burger, pickled onions, blue cheese sauce, and remaining Whisps.