Makes 4 servings
4 medium zucchini
2 teaspoons fine sea salt
2 bags (about 2 cups) Parmesan WhispsⓇ, crushed to fine crumbs
2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 large egg, well-beaten
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup low-sugar or sugar-free ketchup
2 canned chipotles in adobo sauce, seeds removed, minced
1 tablespoon lime juice
- Trim the ends off the zucchini, then cut each one in half crosswise. Cut each zucchini half into 4 wedges. In a colander toss zucchini with salt and let sit for 30 minutes. Rinse then dry well with a clean kitchen towel.
- Preheat oven to 375℉. In a medium bowl combine WhispsⓇ, oregano, thyme, and pepper. Dip zucchini in egg, then press cut sides into mixture so it adheres, and place zucchini cut sides up on a large baking sheet, leaving space between the pieces.
- Drizzle zucchini with oil and bake until tender and browned, about 20 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil just until golden, 2-3 minutes more.
- While zucchini bakes, in a small bowl stir together ketchup, chipotles, and lime juice.
- Serve zucchini fries with dipping sauce.