About 36 bites
1 package Parmesan WhispsⓇ
2 cups almond flour
6 tablespoons coconut flour
4 teaspoons xanthan gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 large eggs
About 2 tablespoons cool water
6 hot Italian pork sausages
1 egg, well beaten with 2 teaspoons water
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- In a food processor, pulse Whisps until very finely ground. Transfer 3 tablespoons to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt to processor and pulse to combine. With machine running, add vinegar. Scrape down bowl and add eggs, pulsing to combine. With machine running, add water until a slightly sticky dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a piece of parchment paper and divide in half, wrapping half in plastic wrap. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of dough and roll out into as large a rectangle as possible.
- Use parchment paper to help roll 1 sausage at a time in dough, molding dough around sausage. Transfer wrapped sausage to a cutting board and repeat this process with remaining dough and sausages. To have enough dough for all the sausages you will need to re-roll all dough scraps.
- Cut each sausage crosswise into 6 pieces and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly brush tops of each piece with egg-water mixture and sprinkle with reserved crumbled Whisps.
- Bake until browned and internal temperature of sausage reaches 165℉, 12-17 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and ½ cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve sausage bites with dipping sauce on the side.