2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 slices deli ham, diced
1 cup Asiago and Pepper Jack WhispsⓇ, crumbled
¼ cup shredded asiago cheese
2 tablespoons cream cheese
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Holding a sharp knife parallel to the cutting board, slice chicken ¾ of the way through so each piece opens like a book.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ham, WhispsⓇ, asiago, and cream cheese.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard onto inside of each chicken breast. Top with ham mixture. Fold chicken over so that ham mixture is enclosed. Sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to oven and bake until internal temperature reaches 165℉ and juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Slice crosswise on the diagonal.
- In a pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring 2 inches of water to boil. Steam asparagus until bright green and crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, divide asparagus between 2 plates, sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and top with chicken.