About 24 meatballs
1 pound ground chicken
1½ cups Tomato Basil WhispsⓇ, crumbled and divided (from 2 bags)
½ cup sundried tomatoes, minced
1 large egg
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
5oz mozzarella cheese, cut into ½” cubes
Marinara sauce for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Lightly oil a large baking sheet
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, ½ cup crumbled WhispsⓇ, sundried tomatoes, egg, oregano, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to mix together just until mixture is homogeneous. Do not overmix.
- Measure out meat mixture in level tablespoonfuls. Flatten out each portion of meat in your palm, place a cube of mozzarella in the center, then shape the meat around the cheese. Roll into balls.
- Roll meatballs in remaining crumbled WhispsⓇ to coat, pressing with your hands to help them adhere.
- Place meatballs on baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165℉ and meatballs are lightly browned.
- Serve with marinara, if desired.