Makes 4 servings
1 medium sweet potato, cut into ½” cubes
1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil
1 tablespoon chili powder
1½ teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
8 slices thick-cut bacon
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup apple cider vinegar
4 large eggs
4 corn tortillas, warmed
1 large avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
Asiago Pepper Jack WhispsⓇ, roughly crushed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. On a large baking sheet toss sweet potatoes with oil, chili powder, and ½ teaspoon salt. Roast until tender and browned, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat cook bacon, turning occasionally, until crisp, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Pour off all but enough fat to coat the pan.
- In a medium saucepan combine onion, vinegar, and ½ teaspoon salt, bring to a boil, and simmer for 3 minutes. Transfer immediately to a bowl and stir in 4 ice cubes.
- Heat the same skillet used to cook the bacon over medium-low heat. Crack eggs into skillet and cook gently until just cooked through but yolk is still runny.
- Roughly crumble the bacon. Divide tortillas between plates. Top with sweet potatoes, bacon, eggs, pickled onion, avocado, and WhispsⓇ and serve immediately.