Makes 4 servings
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 canned chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and diced
4 cups vegetable broth
4 slices thick-cut bacon
1 cup Cheddar WhispsⓇ, crumbled
½ cup Greek yogurt
Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic and saute until softened, 6-8 minutes. Stir in chipotles, sweet potatoes, and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer until sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, turning occasionally, until crisp and browned. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool, then crumble and combine with WhispsⓇ.
- In a small bowl whisk yogurt with just enough water to make yogurt pourable, about XX tablespoons.
- Using an immersion blender or an upright blender, puree soup until completely smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide soup between bowls, drizzle with yogurt, and sprinkle with bacon crumble.